Stringing beautiful Christmas lights across the roofs and other parts of our homes have become a long-standing cultural tradition. However, with all the hustle and bustle that Holiday celebrations may bring, it can be easy to get distracted and forget how hazardous these decorations can be if not managed well.
Your safety is important to us. Which is why, today, we at GalCan Electric & General Contracting, LLC, a licensed and professional provider of Electrical Services in New Orleans, Louisiana, are here to give you a few light safety tips to help you get through the season in one piece.
- Never leave your Christmas lights on without you there to monitor it.
- Consider swapping incandescent lights with safer LED lights, as they produce very little heat in comparison.
- Indoor and outdoor lights are NOT interchangeable — don’t use them in place of the other.
- Keep a maximum of three light strands per outlet to avoid overloading the strands.
- Get wiring repairs and replacements if you need them before you start installing those Christmas lights around your house.
If you’re not sure where you can find professional assistance, our General Contracting in Louisiana can help you out!