There comes a time in everybody’s life when we stop and ask ourselves: why is my electric bill so high in the winter? There are 3 easy answers to that question.
- You’re home more, therefore, you’re using more lights, heat, TV, and other electronics to keep you warm and entertained.
- Temperature drops mean more work for heating systems, which in turn uses more power.
- Holiday decorations, which often mean a plethora of festive lights and energy consuming ornaments that uses up tons of energy all over the house.
GalCan Electric & General Contracting, LLC, your friend and reliable provider of Electrical Services in New Orleans, Louisiana, is here to give you tips on how to save on your electricity bill during the winter.
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat or a smart thermostat. It will allow you to customize your heating schedule and, therefore, save more money as you won’t have to leave the heat on 24/7. You can buy one and install it yourself or get a professional to do the Electrical Installation for you.
- Clean or check your filters regularly to maintain proper airflow and keep your HVAC system working properly.
- Don’t bother heating uninsulated rooms like garages or crawl spaces as they lose heat much quicker without the insulation.
- Unplug electronics that are not in use. Standby power accounts for $100 of a household’s yearly energy costs.
- Seal your doors and windows if you suspect that they are causing a draft.
Ready to save up on your electric bill? Follow these tips today! We are also ready to help you with General Contracting in Louisiana.
We also offer security lighting services. Visit our site to learn more about what we do.